It's DONE

We raised it, we saved it. I have a metal neck, i'm recovering from the operation and I'll never be able to thank everyone enough, but it starts with a thank you. So thank you. To absolutely everybody, with help, thoughts, intent, action, it all means the world.

Donate to the Save Sams Spine Trust Fund

Wednesday 20 October 2010

Kerrang Vs Terroriser

And if I hear another kerrang reading eejit endorsement of steel panther I'm not coming. I just don't get it. The same people would wax lyrical about the banal nature of most pop music, but here's an entirely manufactured band created by some men in suits collecting the cash pile. It's gashmandoo. I'd like to hear some investigation into the disparity between the mainstream media ignorance of the metal culture but it's fans are the most dedicated and cash spending. A metal gig sells, fans commit for life, but it's impact is entirely ignored by critics, aside from the recent endorsement of progressive bands like mastodon, tool and meshuggah within papers like the Times. I bring all this into account, but it seems that now the average metal fan is falling into the bracket of the pop fan, by responding positively to marketing forces and enjoying bands like steel panther et al. Where's the admiration of the band that slowly builds a reputation through gigging hard and wriing well. I think Kerrang has a lot to answer for, and it knows it. When I was a teen it covered a broader music range, wheras now it goes for the cash element every time giving collum inches to the likes of te aforementioned band, Him and other associated shite. Do yourself a favour, go pick up a copy of Terroriser and find a whole new world of honest journalism and well reasoned criique.

No comments:

Post a Comment