It's DONE

We raised it, we saved it. I have a metal neck, i'm recovering from the operation and I'll never be able to thank everyone enough, but it starts with a thank you. So thank you. To absolutely everybody, with help, thoughts, intent, action, it all means the world.

Donate to the Save Sams Spine Trust Fund

Saturday 12 June 2010

Early mornings letting a love lie-in'


A reversal of situations, my girl being up all week at a sordid hour, but she arrives, and I get up early, letting have the full bed to stretch out in and sleep sleep. Not to say I don't get up late through the week, though I do have a differing set of problems. My pain prevents me from going to sleep of a night, though not going to bed I guess. However, no matter what time I sleep, I'll try to wake at a time my girl would wake, part out of empathy, part out of retaining a sense of continuity and grasp on the real world. I want to say something forced and tacky like "What is the real world". Sounds like something Bill Paxon would relish saying at the beginning of some mid-range film. But that doesn't change it none. I don't feel part of the world ticking by, I feel like I'm sat in my own microcosm of a world, it hasn't changed, peripheral moments change, i remain the same. Doctors come and go, ideas, prognosis, diagnosis, treatment, nothing, hopes swell and become swollen and pushed down. I don't change, I melt.

No comments:

Post a Comment