It's DONE

We raised it, we saved it. I have a metal neck, i'm recovering from the operation and I'll never be able to thank everyone enough, but it starts with a thank you. So thank you. To absolutely everybody, with help, thoughts, intent, action, it all means the world.

Donate to the Save Sams Spine Trust Fund

Wednesday 30 June 2010

Eye Patch Sleep

I rise with the sun, yet sleep with the night, though Ive always had trouble ascertaining what the bloody hell night is anyway. You cant set arbitrary times for it...you cant set fixed times, the night is subjective. You decide your own dark!!


Recently, my Girl  bought me a very desired eye mask, black material with a cotton stitched "Sammy" across its front, in pink I might add. She knows what will please me in a way nobody else can, and maybe thats the point. However, thats a discussion best served between two people as an affirmation, not as a fleeting glance here. 


So, I rise with the sun on my own terms, I am protected!!! I do however wake consistently due to the fact my neck and arm feel like an electric fire with the heat rods through my nerves..inside I die, like Sonny the frog from League of Gentlemen (cast your mind back..unless you haven't seen it, which means you're missing out on something far greater than sleep.


Summer months wreak havoc. I sleep less, im warm more, I sweat profusely at the idea of heating myself, and i dont know why, though theres many theories, and no matter how much I look online for an answer, there isn't one, except the Botox injection into the area, which sounds like a Freddy Krueger moment, though with the little sleep I have, I dont think I have to worry about him...although it comes to mind that speaking about a fictional character as if he is a tangible existing object, then im screwed anyway. No rest for the wicked, because if you do, "Freddy's coming for you"

No comments:

Post a Comment