It's DONE

We raised it, we saved it. I have a metal neck, i'm recovering from the operation and I'll never be able to thank everyone enough, but it starts with a thank you. So thank you. To absolutely everybody, with help, thoughts, intent, action, it all means the world.

Donate to the Save Sams Spine Trust Fund

Saturday 10 July 2010

Sleep, rest, what is best

Is there any prudent action in sleep pretending. In lying in bed and closing your eyes, only to view the back of eyelids. You hear so much of "the bedroom is a place of sleeping, no tv's or entertainment" because this disassociates sleeping from the bedroom, making it much harder on general to sleep.

When you cannot claim any length of sleep, as I cannot with my pain and injury, I feign sleep. I lay with eyes closed pretending. Is this detrimental to associating sleep with the bedroom? Is it better for me to get up, and go when I'm ready, but I'm never ready, the sleep is never consistent. The only time I sleep is when I have my girlfriend in my bed. She relaxes me, and the pain doesn't seem too much, bar when I wake. The grimace of pain sometimes hurts her I think, but actually getting some sleep makes me worse. Lying in the same position, sleeping and the pain not waking me puts me into a worse state the next day. It's a dilemma I can't figure out.

Am I as best to stay away during my disability. Am I to keep my bedroom untainted, and so, when the day comes I can sleep unfettered and without malice, I can do so with a heavy sleep, as I have not had this past 19months.

Or, shall I lay in bed and shut my eyes and lay there. Is there any benefit to laying with your eyes closed. Does an insomniac do this? Do they try and sleep, or not try, till the body makes them. I do sleep, two nights of the week. Two nights of naught but idle grabs, then I am so withdrawn and sleepy, I can sleep through the pain. My medication doesn't make me sleep, but on the nights I do, it keeps me so, until I feel rested, and that next day, I feel stimulated, but I feel overwraught, because sleeping makes me worse. Laying in a prone position for any time hurts. So, I think...

Is it best to go to bed every night, at the same time, rising at the same time, watching my eyelids? Do you get rest from doing that. Because it makes me more angry than anything else. And so I don't rest any better. I rest in my chair, no sleeping, just resting. This doesn't make me angry. Doing it in bed does. What's a shitneck to do. How do I approach this??

No comments:

Post a Comment